Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Dumpster diving for boxes....



Well you might be wondering why I have all of these cardboard boxes, well it is because we are MOVING! Yes, the time has come to say goodbye to the bay area and move back to Orange County. Doug received an offer from a firm in So. Cal. and we are completely ecstatic. We are sad to leave the friends we've made, but so excited to embark on this new adventure--post law school life!

At this point you may be wondering about the whole dumpster diving. Well, I was out pricing boxes at Home Depot and was not thrilled on having to pay $2-$3 for one box --multiply that by 20-30 boxes and that's a new pair of shoes :). So, that's when I had the brilliant idea of checking behind the stores of Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and Borders. Lo and behold there were boxes all neatly bundled beside (and I emphasize beside) the recycle bin. The boxes were just there waiting for me to pick them up and take them home. I quickly gathered my contraband and headed home to find Doug still studying for the BAR (see pic below, he has not moved from that spot for the last 2 months!); he's so studious.


3 comments:

Brit said...

thanks for the tip! I'll have to do the same. Where did you find the best one?

Andy & Angie Wycherly said...

I'm going to steal your idea too. We are sure going to miss you! Congrats on the offer.

Kevin & Chelsey said...

Congrats on the offer! Hopefully we can get together before you guys take off.