Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Casa de Bandini


Last Saturday we headed out to Carlsbad to go to Casa de Bandini. My family and Doug and I had eaten at this restaurant when it was located in Old Town San Diego, but the restaurant lost their lease in Old Town a few years ago. However, we recently found out that this summer, they re-opened their restaurant in Carlsbad. Doug and I remembered their food being awesome, so we decided to check it out and see if it was everything we remembered it to be. We heard that since Casa de Bandini's re-opening it's been very busy, so we decided that we would go for a 5PM dinner. Luckily, we were able to get seated right away even though the restaurant was already busy. Almost immediately after we were seated a rush of people arrived and had to wait for tables. We were seated on the patio, which was nice because it was a warm evening. The chips and salsa..awesome! Doug ordered the steak fajitas, which were really good. I had the chimichanga, which was huge and SO SO yummy (I would definitely get it again). Aly had a bean and cheese burrito that came with a side of rice and beans --the rice and beans proved to be plenty for her, so we took her burrito to go. Although we had eaten way too much, we topped dinner off with some fried ice cream and churros. Everything was really good...I totally recommend it whether or not you're in the area (it was so worth the drive). I just wish it was a little bit closer. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Liz, my mouth is watering now. I had to go in the kitchen and grab some tortillas chips just to try and fill the craving that I have now for some good Mexican good. Maybe someday we can go down there together, without the kids of course ;)!