Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon




A few ladies from our ward got together to see the midnight showing of New Moon. Some people (including some women from our group) had been camped out all day (thanks Michele and Jolene!). Teens were camped out with chairs and lap tops playing "Twilight". I showed up later after Doug got home and it was a bit chilly waiting in line. The line for Starbucks was just as long as the lines to see the movie...total craziness. They let us into the theater at 11PM and our show started at 12:05AM. It was nice to thaw out before the movie.
New Moon was so much better than Twilight (hard to believe, I know!). I totally give props to the dad who was sitting next to our group. He brought his two tween daughters to see the show...he was one of maybe 5 guys who were there with their wives, girlfriends, or daughters to see the midnight showing. Anyway it was lots of fun and hilarious to hear some of the tween girls' comments throughout the movie. We are already planning to go to Eclipse in June 2010. I should be recovered by then and thank goodness the weather will be warmer!

1 comment:

Spencer Hyde said...

Well said. Hey Liz, I thought you and Doug might want to know that you owe me 5 million dollars. After leaving New Moon I put a mask on and punched my grandma in the back of the neck. Hard.