Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A trial run to labor and delivery...

On Sunday evening I came down with a stomach bug or the flu. Not fun even when you're not preggers. So after keeping nothing down for a few hours and having some nice regular strong contractions, we called the doctor who said to come in. Hopefully the baby wasn't ready to come out just yet cause we sure are not ready for her. Doug says he needs another 6 weeks to prepare.
Anyways, so we arrive at labor and delivery and I get hooked up to everything, contraction monitor, fetal monitor and an IV with lots of fluids. My new best friend is the anti-nausea medicine they put in my IV. My contractions were still pretty strong after I drained a bag of IV fluid, so they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. So after a few hours they discharged us and I'm feeling a lot better. Doug calls this experience our trial run so we know what to expect when the real deal happens.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad that you are ok! Good trial run, but times the contractions by 6 millions times with pain you have never had before...and wala! there you go! BUT the great news is that once you are holding your darling, it makes it all worth it.

Kathy L. said...

I am glad that you are ok, and you nausea is better, I know what you mean that anti-nausea stuff is the best and it works fast.

Tell Doug your little girl is ready to rock and roll!! Maybe she is giving you a peak of her personality (full of energy!!), or she is afraid that she is going to miss Christmas!! Just kidding, only 6 weeks left I bet you can't wait, I know she'll be a little doll.

Have you got a name picked out yet?

Take care of yourself, tell Doug you need a "SPRINKLES"cupcake when you get feeling better!!

Eric said...

It is good to hear that other people go to the hospital and are sent home. I don't know how many times I went in with London thinking she was coming and then she didn't. You never know what to expect :). I can't wait for the real day!!!!