Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 01, 2007

We passed!

Congratulations to Doug and I for passing the Preparation for Childbirth class! I find it very humorous that they give you a certificate of completion; considering that regardless of whether you pass or fail you still are going to have to go through childbirth.

So I've managed to avoid all child birth videos in all of my health classes...so not the case here. They made us watch THREE...evidently one video wasn't scary enough. I'm not sure what was more disturbing having to watch the videos or seeing the expression on Doug's face as he was watching each video. Of course Doug was like couldn't they find attractive people to film the birth...maybe the miracle of life wouldn't be so uncomfortable to watch if Heidi Klum and Seal were the main characters. Either way, I give mad props to anyone who's gone through natural child birth. For me..I say bring on the drugs...nubain an epidural, let me have it! Doug says he's willing to test out the pain meds just to make sure they work alright.

7 comments:

Rachel Gillie said...

Ric had the same comments about the ladies in those films. And they make it look way worse than it is. Congrats on passing the class! Have you two decided on a name yet?

Brit said...

Doug should have done what Ryan did at our Childbirth classes, he fell asleep. I'm sitting there in the middle of the video and thinking to myself, "I see the miracle of birth everyday at work and I brought my husband here to find out all about childbirth, and he falls asleep??!!" Needless to say, I wasn't happy.

Eric said...

I am all about the drugs. You will fall in love with the anesthesiologist. Also, I'm not sure how watching someone else's experience really helps your own in this case?. Maybe I'm way off?. Anyway, good luck :)

Douger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Douger said...

It wasn't so much that I was interested in attractive people demonstrating child birth, my problem is that our birth class must have made a conscious effort to seek out the nastiest people on the planet for the videos we watched!! My question is this, is it even legal to voluntarily witness inbreeders giving birth or are we contributing to such irresponsible and delinquent behavior through our endorsement of these videos?

Flinders Family said...

Your blog looks so cute and festive...I love it! You are going to do great at the childbirth thing so don't worry at all!

Becky said...

I have one thing to say.. drugs!.. drugs!.. drugs! I wouldn't want it any other way. Ok, I have one other thing to say - you look so amazing! All the snorkeling must be keeping you in great shape!